to the Stuart Cameron McLeod Society (SCMS).
The Stuart Cameron McLeod Society (SCMS) was founded in 1934 to recognize those who served IMA and to provide an opportunity for continued friendship, fellowship, and service. Today, SCMS, also known as the Society for Continuing Member Service, continues those traditions and meets the challenges of tomorrow by funding student scholarships, supporting the Annual IMA Student Conference, and offering educational and social events for its members.
May 21, 2013
Highlights from this issue
- Future Meetings
- President’s Message from Kelli Nibarger-Baucom about SCMS events at IMA’s 94th Annual Conference and Exposition
- Nominees for Election June 2013
- October 2013 Mid-Year Meeting in San Juan
- Michael Bills, SCMS Scholarship Winner
April 6, 2013
San Juan, Puerto Rico
Join the SCMS Board of Governors at the Fall 2013 Mid-Year Conference in beautiful San Juan, Puerto Rico! Home to El Morro, the coqui, and so much more to explore, see, hear, and do.
Dates: October 20-22, 2013
1 San Geronimo Street, San Juan, Puerto Rico 00901
t: 787-721-0303; f: 787-724-6992
Book your lodging online NOW at: https://resweb.passkey.com/Resweb.do?mode=welcome_ei_new&eventID=10623673
Mid-Year Conference Highlights:
- We will have four morning sessions to earn CPE – two sessions on Monday and two
sessions on Tuesday.
- We will visit El Yunque, the only tropical rainforest in the U. S. National Parks System.
- No visit would be complete without an excursion into Old San Juan, and the view from the Bacardi Distillery is worth
- Of course, no mid-year meeting is complete without team building (also known as games for those of us old-timers). The 1st Annual SCMS Beach
Olympics will be held on Tuesday afternoon, so start your training now!
There will be complete schedule and mid-year registration forms available at the IMA Annual Conference in New Orleans, LA, in June, and through this website soon after. SCMS is offering a special gift for the first 100 people who register. So, c’mon and join us in San Juan this Fall – We’re sure you’ll like it!
January 28, 2013
IMA opened registration for its 94th Annual Conference & Exposition today. It will be held June 22-26 in New Orleans, La–home of Cafe du Monde and its famous chickory coffee and begnets, the French Quarter, and Mardi Gras, among other things.
This conference a must-attend event for you if you’re looking for continuing education, networking and career advancement. You can earn 28 or more NASBA-approved continuing professional education (CPE) credits by attending learning sessions led by an impressive lineup of speakers, representing a variety of organizations and industries, academic institutions, and government agencies.
Click here for access the full list of keynote speakers.
The Conference will also offer an exhibit hall, showcasing the latest resources and technology available to you if you looking for new ways to highlight the value created within your organization.
Early bird registration rates are available for a limited time. Complete information on the Conference program and registration can be found at:http://www.imaconference.org/.
Key SCMS Events During the Conference:
- SCMS Hospitality Suite
- SCMS members and guests are invited to participate in the activities of the McLeod Room.
- This cost of the event is $40 per person, which includes an open bar, soft drinks, fun and fellowship.
- John Deere Tractor Auction–Funds collected go to the SCMS Scholarship Fund; the winner gets a brand new John Deere lawn tractor.
- June 22, 5-11 pm SCMS Induction Ceremony & “Moonlight on the Mississippi” Dinner Jazz Cruise
- Enjoy a lavish Creole buffet dinner with favorites such as Creole Gumbo, Caesar Salad, Red Beans & Rice, Baked Cajun Chicken, Braised Beef Brisket, Corn Machoux, Vegetable Medley, Cajun Mashed Potatoes, Jambalaya, French or Corn Bread and Bread Pudding with Whiskey Sauce. As you dine and sip your favorite cocktail, a live 3-piece Dixieland Jazz Band will entertain you in a private dining room. After dinner, head to the promenade deck and enjoy sweet river breezes as the city skyline slips by under a canopy of nighttime stars. This is an event you won’t want to miss! Attendance is limited, so register early. This is an SCMS Members Only event.
- Tickets are $100; includes 2 drink tickets per person.
- June 23, 7:30 am – Noon SCMS Board of Governors Meeting
August 30, 2012
My name is Kelli Nibarger-Baucom, and I am the President of IMA®’s Stuart Cameron McCleod Society (SCMS).
The Stuart Cameron McLeod Society (SCMS) was founded in 1934 to recognize those who serve IMA by providing an opportunity for continued friendship, fellowship, and service.
As an extended part of that mission, SCMS strives to support student leadership in our profession by funding scholarships, providing mentoring programs, and more. For example, each year we award a $5,000 scholarship to a deserving IMA student member. We also make contributions to IMA’s very successful Annual Student Leadership Conference where students are given the opportunity to gain knowledge, meet potential employers, and network with peers.
Please join me now in supporting this important segment of our profession. Your participation in our Student Leadership Support Campaign is crucial, and I thank you in advance for your generosity.
To donate online, click here, or make your check payable to IMA (indicate Student Leadership Support Campaign within the note section) and mail it to:
10 Paragon Drive, Suite 1
Montvale, NJ 07645
Thank you for your dedication to IMA and the profession; I appreciate your support.
2012-2013 SCMS President
*SCMS is a 501(c)(3) Charitable Organization
June 23, 2012
SCMS kicked off the annual meeting at IMA’s 93rd Annual Conference & Exposition in Las Vegas, by inducting the following IMA members as new SCMS members:
- Cheryl M Brock, CMA, CPA, Arizona Valley of the Sun Chapter
- Christina Brown, CMA, Minneapolis Chapter
- Robert J Coke, Tulsa Chapter
- Camille Cook, CPA, Arizona Valley of the Sun Chapter
- Diane G Hewlett, CMA, CPA, Arizona Valley of the Sun Chapter
- Athba S Majeed, Dubai Chapter
- David Shia, Buffalo Chapter
- David (Frank) D Teets, Jr., CMA, CPA, SouthWest Florida Chapter